TECHNICAL DATA Glassprimer™ | 2 part glass paint system
• GPPP083 is recommended for interior and exterior use on properly cleaned glass surfaces. *note: warranty applies to interior use only.
• GPPP083 provides the fastest re-coat time of any glass coating product on the market today. It also features great performance properties, such as excellent flow and leveling, film hardness, exterior durability, UV resistance, and is made to be installed with Mirror mastic.
• Any color from any paint company can be matched by the Glassprimer™ True Color® color matching system.
• GPPP083 is semi/gloss, specially designed for installation adhesive bonding strength.
• GPPP083 has a high gloss finish once back-painted on glass.
• GPPP083 is UV stable. Long term UV light exposure studies confirm GPPP083 is significantly better than that of most exterior paints.
WATER RESISTANCE: Excellent
HEAT RESISTANCE: 350 °F
• GPPP083 is formulated to create a permanent bond to glass. GPPP083 actively modifies the glass surface molecular chain to form a permanent paint/glass bond. (nanotechnolgy based glass paint)
- • Gasoline/Excellent
- • Oil/Excellent
- • Isopropyl alcohol/Excellent
- • 10% Sulfuric Acid/Excellent
- • 10% Ammonia/Excellent
- • 10% Hydrochloric Acid/Excellent
- • 10% Sodium Hydroxide/Excellent
- • 500 Hours Salt Spray/Very Good
- • Xylene/Good
- • Water Resistant, not recommended for immersion.
GLASS CLEANING DIRECTIONS: Thoroughly scrub glass surface with rubbing alcohol and #000 steel wool. Next, clean glass surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol and clean paper towels until dry. The glass surface should have a strong squeaky feel/sound while being wiped dry.
• Stir GPPP083 thoroughly before being used.
• Mix 7 parts component A (GPPP083) to 1 part component B (GPUC083) (7:1 Ratio). Agitate thoroughly and allow it to digest 5 minutes before using.
THINNING: Thin paint with no more than 15% acetone. (1 part)
POT LIFE: 75°F 2-3 hours depending on temperatures and humidity.
APPLICATION EQUIPMENT: Conventional HVLP spray gun: 40-120 psi at the gun, tip size 1.5-2.00 mm. Or apply with conventional mohair paint roller of desired size.
RECOMMENDED WET FILM BUILD:
• Spray application: 3.0 – 10.0 mils (3-10 coats)
• Roller application: 3.0 – 10.0 mils (3-10 coats)
• Film build in excess of this recommendation may cause problems such as, adhesion failure, pigment floatation, solvent popping, and slow cure.
- • 4 mils wet at 75°F and 50% relative humidity.
- • To Touch: 30 minutes-1 hour
- • To Handle: 2-3 hours
- • Dry: 48 hours
- • Recoat: 5-10 minutes if sprayed
- • Recoat: 20-30 minutes if rolled
- • These conditions do not mean that paint has reached full cure. It is a stage where handling can be achieved without loosening, wrinkling or otherwise marring the paint under minimal pressure from fingers or hands. Drying time listed may vary, depending on film build, color selection, temperature, humidity and degree of air movement.
- • Paint is not fully cured for 15 days relative to the above conditions.
- • Application of film thickness in excess of that recommended for this product will substantially extend dry time.
RECOMMENDED SPREADING RATE: Approximately 265sq feet (24 m2) at 3.0 mil (3-4 coats) per U.S. gallon. Brighter colors may require more coats to reach full opacity. Spray application is most efficient to achieve the above coverage.
• Apply only when air, product or glass surface temperature is above 50°F and below 300°F. Apply only when glass surface temperature is at least 5°F above the dew point.
Contact us for MSDS access password:
• Glassprimer™ GPPP083 VOC (volatile organic compounds) must meet the local, state or federal regulations for your coating application and environment. If you or your company is subject to a local, state or federal rule that regulates these compounds, you are obligated to purchase coatings that meet those regulatory limits. The limits can vary depending on the state in which the regulation is written, what the coating is used for, what application is used to apply the coating, and the environment the coating is being applied or used in. If you are not subject to any regulation that covers coating products then you are free to use any coating product.