TECHNICAL SHEET Glassprimer™ | catalyst-paint 2 component glass paint system
• GPPP083 is suitable for use both in exteriors and interiors, on glass surfaces treated with rubbing alcohol. *note: warranty only covers interior use.
• GPPP083 has the lowest waiting time between coats of any glass paint sold today. Our glass paint is a top performer in many categories, such as flow, leveling, weathering for exterior use, film hardness, ultraviolet resistance. For best results, install glass painted with GPPP083 using silicon mirror mastic.
• We can match any color from any seller or manufacturer for free with our Glassprimer™ True Color® color matching system – just give us the manufacturer and product number, and we’ll match it free of charge.
• GPPP083 is available both in gloss and semigloss finishes, which have been specially created to match the bonding strength of any installation adhesive.
• GPPP083 has a high gloss finish on backpainted glass.
RESISTANCE TO FADING :
• GPPP083 is stable under ultraviolet radiation. Studies show that GPPP083 fares far better under long-term ultraviolet exposure than most exterior paints.
RESISTANCE TO WATER: Excellent
RESISTANCE TO HEAT: 350 °F
• GPPP083 uses a chemical catalyst that’s specially formulated to bond to glass permanently. Our paint contains nanotech materials that modify the surface of the glass to adhere permanently to it on a molecular level.
RESISTANCE TO SOLVENTS AND CHEMICALS:
- • Excellent resistance to Gasoline
- • Excellent resistance to Oil
- • Excellent resistance to Isopropyl alcohol
- • Excellent resistance to 10% Sulfuric Acid
- • Excellent resistance to 10% Ammonia
- • Excellent resistance to 10% Hydrochloric Acid
- • Excellent resistance to 10% Sodium Hydroxide
- • Very Good resistance to 500 Hours Salt Spray
- • Good resistance to Xylene
- • Good resistance to Water, but immersion not recommended.
HOW TO APPLY:
HOW TO CLEAN/PREPARE GLASS SURFACE: The surface of the glass to be painted needs to be thoroughly sprayed with rubbing alcohol, and scrubbed with #000 steel wool. After this, clean and wipe the surface with paper towels and rubbing alcohol. When the glass surface sounds or feels squeaky while wiping, this is a sign that the glass surface is very clean and has very few oils or contaminants.
• Thoroughly stir GPPP083 before applying.
• Mix 1 part of catalyst (component B, GPUC083) to 7 parts of paint (component A, GPPP083). Stir the mix thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes, so the catalyst has time to activate.
THINNING: Only use up to 1 part (15%) acetone to thin the glass paint.
POT LIFE: Depends on humidity and temperature – typically, 2 to 3 hours at 75°F.
EQUIPMENT: Conventional HVLP spray gun with tip size of 1.5-2.00 mm. Spray paint at an optimal pressure between 40 and 120 psi. If using roller, apply with ordinary mohair roller.
WET FILM BUILD RECOMMENDATION:
• If spraying: 3.0 – 10.0 mils (3-10 coats)
• If rolling: 3.0 – 10.0 mils (3-10 coats)
• Building up coats beyond the recommended thickness may cause issues and reduce performance, for instance by slowing the curing time, solvent popping, pigment flotation, and imperfect adhesion.
- • Wet 4 mil coat at 50% humidity and a temperature of 75°F.
- • Cured to Touch: 1/2 to 1 hour
- • Cured to Handle: 2 to 3 hrs
- • Cured dry: 48 hrs
- • Wait between coats: if sprayed, 5-10 mins
- • Wait between coats: if rolled, 20-30 mins
- • Note: At the “touch” and “handle” stages, the paint has not yet reached full cured condition. It simply means that the object can be lightly handled without running the risk of wrinkling or loosening the paint with fingers. Drying time varies greatly, depending on number of coats, color, ambient humidity and temperature, as well as air circulation and movement.
- • Depending on those conditions, paint may not be fully cured for up to 15 days.
- • Drying time will become substantially longer if the paint is applied in film thickness greater than our recommendations.
RECOMMENDED COVERAGE: One U.S. gallon of our glass paint covers 265 square feet (24 square meters) at 3.0 mil (3-4 coats). More coats may be needed for brighter colors, to achieve full opacity. To achieve full paint coverage and paint uniformity, we recommend using spray application.
PAINT USE LIMITATIONS:
• Only apply paint when the temperature of both glass, paint and ambient air is no lower 50°F and no higher than 300°F. Do not apply unless the temperature of the glass you are painting is at least 5°F higher than the dew point.
Contact us for MSDS access password:
• Glassprimer™ GPPP083 VOC (volatile organic compounds) properties must meet the VOC regulations of your city, state and the federal government. You and your business must use only glass paint that meets the VOC content limits under those regulations. The maximum content limit of volatile organic compounds varies state by state, and also depends on the location & application method of the paint. If you aren’t covered by any specific legislation concerning glass coating VOC content, then you can use any glass paint on the market.